The website for Soccer Referees in Michigan
The purpose of this procedure is to guide AYSO referees to become US Soccer referees. The process steps are:
- go to www.michiganReferee.org
- click the Class Registration tab
- click item #1 To see a list of available classes"
- click the AYSO Cross Certification course
- click the class number 6598-AYSO
- click "To register for this course, please Login Here"
- click "Don't have a USSF Registration account?
Find Yours or Create One Here"
- click "I have NEVER BEEN registered
as USSF Referee, Assessor, Instructor, or Assignor"
- if you have never been a USSF referee, check the box next to "I meet the requirements above and I am ready to create a new account"
- click the Continuebox
- enter your personal information following the directions on the form
- pay the cross-certification fees by credit card
- go through the background check if 18 or older
- download and print the following form
AYSO/USSF Cross-Certification Agreement
- fill out the form and obtain the appropriate signature from the appropriate AYSO representative
- scan the signed form or create an image of it and email it to Carlos Folino at michSRA@comcast.net
- Carlos will verify your online information and the accuracy of the data in the attached form and mail you a Grade 8 badge and the law book.
Once you are approved, you will be a Referee grade 8. Applications received after July 1st will be valid through December of the following year; at that time you will need to attend a recertification class. Applications received after January 1st, will be valid through December of the current year; at which time you will need to attend a recertification class.
If you have any questions, please contact Carlos at SRAmich@comcast.net