The website for Soccer Referees in Michigan
This website is offered by the
Michigan Referee Committee.
It's purpose is to help US Soccer Referees with yearly registration, recertifications and training.
UPGRADE TO GRADE 7
To upgrade to grade 7 (and also to a 6 and to a 5) you need to apply before March 15; you will need to be assessed and take the Summer Fitness Test and Advanced clinic.
Then you will need to attend the State Recertification Clinic in December and pass the test.
See details and application form at Tools > Upgrading
Note: To upgrade from grade 9 to 8, just register for a Grade 8 class.
FITNESS TESTING IN JULY-AUGUST
is required for recertifying State Referees, and for those that have applied to upgrade to Grades 7, 6 and 5.
They will be offered in July and first half of August..
Details will be posted here in June.
IF YOU MISS YOUR WINTER RECERTIFICATION
No more Recertification classes will be offered after the end of January in Southern Michigan.
If you missed a Recertification class, you can take a "Grade-8"(Bridge) class; this is a 2-day 8-hour class. Only Grade-8 and Entry classes will be offered through March. If you are grade 9 under 14 years old, you can retake the Entry class to recertify. Few Recertification classes are offered late in Northern Michigan because of weather conditions.
ATTENDING CLASS WITHOUT REGISTRATION
- This is the procedure to follow if you attended a class without first registering
- This must be done immediately after taking the class
NOTE: If you were in the Class Roster, go to step 5
1. Register online for a future class of the same type as the one you attended (Entry or Grade8 or Recert)
2. forward the Registration Payment Acknowledgement (RPA) email received immediately after registration to Registrar@michiganReferee.org and ask to be switched to the class that you attended
3. print a hardcopy of the RPA
4. on the hardcopy write which class you took (date, type and location) and ask to receive your badge
5. print a copy of the Online Testing Certificate
6. prepare a Self-Addressed Self-Stamped (SA-SS) envelope
7. place the SA-SS envelope, the hardcopy of the RPA, a copy of your Test certificate and a copy of your Risk Management card in another envelop
8. Obtain the address from the registrar@michiganReferee.org and place it in the envelope
- The Registrar will mail your badge within 2 weeks
- if there are questions, contactRegistrar@michiganReferee.org
RISK MANAGEMENT REQUIRED TO CERTIFY
If you are 18 or older, you must come to class with proof of approved Risk Management.
If you attended a class and did not show your RM card:
1. go to Tools > Risk Management
2. follow instructions to apply for a Background Check
3. after 3-4 days your request should be approved
4. follow instructions to print the PDF file of your card
5. prepare a Self-Addressed Self-Stamped (SA-SS) envelope
5- place the SA-SS envelope and the printed page of the Risk Management card in another envelop and mail it to the Registrar
6- to obtain the address of the Registrar an email to Registrar@michiganReferee.org
7- you will receive your badge within 2 weeks
REGISTRATION INFORMATION - SUMMARY
- You must register online. If go to class without registration, you will not receive a badge and will have to register online after you leave the class. Instructors cannot register you in class any longer.
- referees grade 9, 8 and 7 will all recertify in the same class; there will not be a grade 9 only recert
- if you wish to switch classes, follow Registration Help #2 in this website
- if you are a grade 9 and 14 years old, you should take the Grade-8 (Bridge) class and upgrade to a grade 8
- recertification classes require taking the online test about week before class date. No online testing at this time for Grade9 classes (Entry) or Grade 8 classes (Bridge) but a paper test will be taken at the end of class.
- referees 18 or older must bring proof of Risk Management or will not receive a badge in class
1. Entry Grade 9 - Entry class to become a new referee with a grade 9; no minimum age requirement
2. Bridge Grade 8 - to upgrade from grade 9 to 8; must be 14 years old
3. Recertification - yearly recertification for grades 9, 8, and 7
4. State Recertification - yearly recertification for grades 6 and 5 or to upgrade to grades 7, 6 or 5.
See Info > Type of Classes for more details
YOU MUST RECERTIFY EVERY YEAR!
You must take a class every year. Grade 9 younger than 14 can only take a Recertification class. Grade 9 older than 14 may either take either a Recertification class or a Grade 8 class to upgrade to grade 8. Grade 8 and 7 can take a Recertification class. Go to Info > Timing of Classes to have an idea of when classes are offered
1. Online Testing directions can be found in the Classes tab
2. Online Testing userid and password are different; you must create them following the instructions in the Classes > Online Testing page
in July and August
Next series of Entry Grade 9 and Bridge Grade 8 will be posted beginning in June
and scheduled for July and August at Classes > Grade 9 or Classes > Grade 8
Recertification classes for all grades
will be posted beginning in October and be scheduled for November, December and
January at Classes > Recertification987
do not register with www.ussoccer.info any longer.
We are in the process of switching registration System. The new registration
system will be hosted at www.GameOfficials.net As soon
as we complete the switch, we will post the new Instructions here.
The major change is that Class
Registration, Online Testing and Risk Management will all be done with in the
same website with one single Userid/Password.